Where is the conference located?
KAUST Research Conference on Big Data Analyses in Evolutionary Biology will take place in King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), in the Engineering Science Hall (Building 9) Level 2, Lecture Hall 2.
I would like to present at the conference. How can I do that?
Presenting at the conference is by invitation only, except for a limited number of Ph.D. students whose poster session applications are accepted.
Will I get a conference T-shirt?
Yes! First come, first served until we run out.
I would like to attend the conference. How do I register?
Due to Saudi visa requirements, we can accept out-of-Kindgom attendees only in highly exceptional cases. In-Kingdom attendees are highly encouraged to register. However, they will have to cover their own costs and travel arrangements.
How can I register to the conference?
You can register or unregister:
(1) Filling in the form on our website under the tab “Registration” or
(2) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
(3) in person, before a session starts.
I'm in KAUST. How do I join the student poster competition?
Deadline for internal submissions is on November 23, 2017. This is open to all KAUST students with research relevant to the conference title (Big Data Analyses in Evolutionary Biology). Submit your poster online filling in the form on our website under the tab "Poster Submission".
What is the guideline for the student poster competition?
- Poster should be sent in PDF format, portrait layout and A0 size (841mm x 1189mm or 33.11" x 46.81").
- Authors are expected to be by their posters during the poster session to answer questions from judges and attendees.
- Participants are responsible for removing and collecting their poster after the conference. Unclaimed posters will be discarded.
Is there any business center around the conference venue?
Yes, KAUST Library is open 24 hours and offers workstations and a quiet space for work and study. Wi-Fi is also accessible everywhere on the KAUST campus.
What should I wear at KAUST?
December at KAUST will be warm and likely pleasantly breezy with a slight possibility of rain. Smart casual attire is required at the conference. Women do not have to wear an abaya but should be dressed in conservative clothing (neck, arms and legs covered with loosely fitted clothing).
What are the recreation options available at KAUST?
Many recreation options are available at KAUST. To find out more, visit this link: https://www.kaust.edu.sa/en/live-work/recreation-and-marine-services